Yes, you read my title correct that you can make a blog hero image for FREE.
All you need to do is sign up with Canva, which is online design app that is used over 8 million people all over the globe.
I am not going to lie, I was hesitant about trying Canva out in the past and am a professed PicMonkey and PhotoShop user.
So, what changed my mind?
I kept hearing so many good reviews on Canva, especially through an online course I took with Social Fabric Network.
So, when in Rome, I decided to do as the Romans would and give Canva a try.
Honestly, I am so happy I did as they are truly one of the best online graphic sites that I could recommend to help design the professional and stunning graphics for FREE!
How can you go wrong with that price tag?
As a blogger, the power of good content and even better headlines help to get more readers. But stunning images are also a huge part of the blogging experience.
But still why would you want a blog hero image for your blog articles?
- Are aesthetically pleasing for all on the internet
- Can help spruce up the appearance of a blog article
- Build depth for blog articles
- To Gain More Eyes Through Social Shares (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
So how can you do this?
5 Easy Steps to Create the Best Blog Hero with Canva…
1. Sign up for Canva using either your Facebook or G+ account or with just your email account.
2. Once signed up, you will want to begin creating. (For this tutorial, I will walk you through how I created the above Pinterest Hero Image for this article.) See below that you will first see options to create a design…
Click the PLUS SIGN (more) box to open up more options, including Social Media Posts. Under Social Media Posts, we will be selecting the “Pinterest Graphic” option.
3. Now you can choose a Layout that will work for you on the lefthand side menu, as well as upload your own image(s) there, as well. (I choose the Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Layout.) *Side note, I used a Pixabay image for the above, which allows for free downloads of stock photos.
4. Now, that we chose a layout and also had uploaded images, we can begin to work on the actual design. Here is where you will add, your image to the design layout, edit the text copy (Oatmeal Cookie Recipe in this case) and even play with the text color and even background color of the text section, too. Also, if you don’t have your own image, you can even search through Canva’s image gallery for whatever topic you are working on. But beware, this might cost you, but most images are no more than $1 each, but still there is indeed a charge here if you choose one of their images versus your own.
5. Last but not least, you can save your newly created blog hero image to Canva, which allows you to come back and edit if need to be and/or also download to your own computer, too.
* Look above, you can see my finished blog hero graphic that I created from using this layout through Canva.
Seriously, it is just that easy and have to admit I am definitely a Canva convert for Blog Hero Images and more now. Also, please note, I wasn’t compensated at all for sharing about Canva here today as all of the above is truly from my own experiences with Canva, which I was very happy to pass along to my readers here today.
Hope this helps you with all your Blog Hero Image needs, but if you do have any further questions or need more help, please feel free to comment below or CONTACT ME.