I got lots of positive and helpful comments. One of the comments from Ana over at The Lost Apron simply asked me this:
“I currently use Google Reader which is going away. I like that you can sort blogs also. Will definitely join in. What about my subscribers? How do I get them over?”
My first thought was to answer straight forward and tried my best to do this to Ana on that post. But then the blogger in me had the light bulb go on and thought, “Blog Article!”
So, here are some simple, but easy ways to alert your existing readers, as well as gain some new readers too with adding/claiming BlogLovin to your pre-existing blog.
- Add A BlogLovin Button: Most likely you have a sidebar and have added a widget before. So, now I suggest you add a BlogLovin Button to that sidebar with a text widget.
- Write Up a Post: Once you have signed up for BlogLovin and claimed your blog and added the BlogLovin Button onto your blog, now onto the next step. You should be given a distinct hyperlink that correlates to your own blog when you claimed it.. My suggestion take to your blog now and write up a post back-linking to your new BlogLovin Blog page. This will definitely alert your readers to the fact that you are using BlogLovin and also direct them to where your blog can be found to subscribe to.
- Share on All Social Networks: Now that you have written your post to announce that you use BlogLovin. Be Sure to share it to all your social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more. The more you put it out there, the better!!
- BlogLovin Blog Hops : Now, that you have alerted your current subscribers/readers to your BlogLovin addition, you may like to branch out and get more readers. I mentioned in my last article that this a good way to do that. One such way is to join BlogLovin Blog Hops. I can here you asking me, “What are some good BlogLovin BlogHops?”
So, to help out a bit on this, I will share a few of my favorite BlogLovin Hops that I join in on. There are many, but this is just a a quick sampling of four of my favorites!
1. Happy Kids Inc.–Thursdays BlogLovin Blog Hop
2. Peacoats and Plaids–Also Thursday The BlogLovin Collective
3. Peacoats and Plaid–On Mondays The GFC Collective (this includes all social networks, as well).
4. Dsyfunction Junction–On Wednesdays Linkin With My Ladies (this also includes other social networks, too).
I am hoping that this has helped answer some of the questions one may actually have about BlogLovin and how to go about incorporating it into one’s daily use. And thank you again for your insightful question, too!!